1.惯用雅思口语句子:
1.惯用口语句子:
Morning edition, please.
请给我晨版的。
Evening edition.
晚版的。
edition n. 版本
This is the best magazine.
这是最好的杂志。
this magazine is the best seller.
这本杂志很畅销。
best seller“畅销品”
I really like short stories.
我喜欢读短篇小说。
I usually read novels.
我通常读长篇小说。
I like to read science fiction.
我喜欢读科幻小说。
I'm interested in biography.
我对传记文学感兴趣。
novel n. (长篇)小说
fiction n. 小说
biography n. 传记
science fiction“科幻小说,科幻电影”
I prefer essays to poem8.
比起诗歌,我更喜欢散文。
essay n.散文,随笔
poem n. 诗歌
I advise you to read A Dream in Red Mansions.
我建议你读《纽楼梦》。
It's really a good book if you want a bit of light reading.
如果你想看点轻松读物,这本书真的不错。
mansion n. 大厦,官邸
《红楼梦》还可以译作“The Story吖the Stone”,中文为《石头记》。
I'd like a subscription to ONXIU English.
我想订—份<昂秀英语)。
I want a subscription.
我想订一份。
subscription n. 订阅
I'd like to renew my subscription.
我想续订。
I want to cancel my subscription.
我想取消订阅。
renew v. 续订,续借
cancel v. 取消
Do you know the circulation of this newspaper?
你知道这份报纸的发行量吗?
circulation n. 发行量
How would you comment on this paper?
你对此报的评价如何?
comment v. 评论,评价
2.实用对话
Reading阅读
Nicholas: What are you reading, Linda?
尼古拉斯:你在读什么呀,琳达?
Linda: I'm reading a novel The Mill on the Floss, written by the famous novelist, George Eliot.
琳达:我在读长篇小说《弗罗斯河上的磨坊》,是由著名小说家乔治·艾略特写的。
Nicholas: What's it about?
尼古拉斯:是关于什么的?
Linda: It is mainly about the relationship between a brother and a sister. who live in a mill on river Floss. It describes
their childhood and a dispute that causes them to separate. The book ends with them happily together again, but they were
both killed in the flood.
琳达:主要写了住在弗罗斯河上磨坊里的一对兄妹之间的关系。小说描写了他们的童年生活以及一次争论最终导致他们各奔东西。这部小说以
他们愉快的团聚作为结尾,但是他们却在一场洪水中双双丧生。
Nicholas: Is it difficult to understand?
尼古拉斯:很难看懂吗?
Linda: Not really, I would consider it easy.
琳达:不是,我觉得很容易懂。
Nicholas: Besides novels, are there any other types of literary works that you indulge in?
尼古拉斯:除了长篇小说以外,你还喜欢读什么其他类型的文学作品吗?
Linda: I really like short stories.
琳达:我还喜欢读短篇小说。
Nicholas: Have you read anything else besides literature?
尼古拉斯:除了文学作品以外,你读其他的书吗?
Linda: Certainly I have. I like to read books on various subjects, and I read everything I can get my hands on in my spare
time. I don't want to id e away and waste my time.
琳达:当然读了。我喜欢看各种题材的书,在空闲时我拿到什么书就看什么书。我可不想闲呆着浪费时间。
Nicholas: I agree. People who don't read are no better of than people who can't read. I also agree that "Books are like food
for the mind."
尼古拉斯:我赞同。不读书的人并不比不能读书的人强。我还认为“书籍是人类精神的粮食。”
3.详细解说
1.“indulge in...”表示“沉迷于…”,例如:Most of us are too busy to indulge in heavy lunchtime drinking.(我们大部分人都太
忙了,中午不可能喝太多酒。)
2.“get one's hands on sth.”意为“成功获得某物”。
3.“idle away 意为“浪费(时间),虚度(光阴)”。例如:They idled their time away in the pub.(他们在酒吧里虚度了光阴。)
4.“better off'’为“well-off”的比较级,表示“境况较佳的”。“well-off”表示“小康的,(生活较)富裕的”。例如:They are