发布时间: 2016年07月21日
OMG! 美语 How I Met Your Mother: Settle Down!
Settle Down 安定下来
Kids, earlier in this story you may recall me saying something along the lines of:
孩子们,早在这个故事中,你可能记得我说的:
OK. No more dating. I am ready to settle down.
好啊。不再去约会。我准备好定下来。
Settle down 的意思就是跟你的女友或者男友定下来,准备好结婚。
You've been with Ryan for 3 years! Are you ready to settle down?
你和Ryan在一起已经有3年了!你们准备好定下来吗?
Yeah I am SO ready for him to propose!
准备好啊!我希望他会向我求婚哦!
And at the time I probably thought I meant it.
当时我觉得我大概是说真的。
I mean it! 我说真的!
Stop dancing around! 别再接着跳舞了!
(other person dancing)
I mean it! Stop! 我是认真的!停下!
I didn't mean it! 我不是故意的!
I can't believe you don't like my glasses
我不敢相信你不喜欢我的眼镜
I didn't mean it! I was joking!
我不是故意的!我是开玩笑的吧!
But kids, I'll be honest, being single's fun.
但是,孩子们,说实话,单身很好玩!
As a young, unattached man in New York City I had a great time.
住在纽约市年轻,单身的家伙就非常好玩儿啦!
unattached 单身
My sister is still unattached. And she's 35!
我的姐姐还是单身的。她是35岁哦!
That's OK! She'll find her soulmate someday!
没事吧!她还会找到她的灵魂伴侣啊!
A great time. 很好玩哦!
What was I saying? 我在说什么?
Oh yeah. I had such a great time that it took someone very special
to make me want to settle down.
对啊。我玩儿的非常开心。但是一个非常特别的人让我发现我准备好定下来。
And that someone was Jeanette.
那很特别的人就是Jeanette.
What made Jeanette so special?
Jeanette为什么很特别呢?
That was a foul!! 那就是犯规!!!
Jeanette was the last girl I dated before I met your mother.
我见到你的妈妈之前,Jeanette是我最后一个女朋友。
The girl who finally got me to say: "No more dating."
终于让我说"不要再去约会"的女孩。
I'm ready to settle down. 我准备好定下来。
And really mean it. 我说真的。