当前位置: 网校排名> 环球网校> 第28课:恭喜你了,保罗!_初级英语口语
环球网校 翻译资格培训

翻译干货

新学员大礼包
考试百科
口译技巧
词汇整理

翻译资格

发布时间: 2016年04月20日

第28课:恭喜你了,保罗!_初级英语口语

第28课:恭喜你了,保罗! 文本如下:

PAUL: Do you remember my idea for an art competition at the Fair?

记不记得我在万博会举行艺术比赛的构想?
JOANA: Yes. How did they like it?
记得, 他们的反应如何?
PAUL: Very much. In fact, we're starting the project immediately. And guess who's in charge?
非常好, 事实上 我们立刻就要展开活动. 而且, 你猜谁来负责?
JOANA: I don't know. I give up.
我不晓得, 我不猜.
PAUL: You give up too easily. Your brother! Who else?
你太容易放弃了. 是你大哥! 还会是谁?
JOANA: Congratulations, Paulo! Now maybe you can take a few days off.
恭喜你了, 保罗! 现在, 你或许可以休息几天了.
JOANA: You work harder than anyone else in that office.
那个办公室里, 没有一个人像你这么努力工作.
PAUL: Joana,
琼娜,
PAUL: you don't take time off when you want a promotion.
一个人如果想进升的话, 就不能请假.
JOANA: You even eat more quickly than you used to.
你连吃饭都比以前吃得快.
PAUL: Hey, I didn't ask for a lecture!
嘿! 我没要你来教训我.
JOANA: I'm sorry, Paulo. I think it's wonderful. Now tell me about the competition. What are the rules? Can Michael enter?
对不起, 保罗, 我想那是很美妙的, 告诉我一些关于这个比赛的事, 有些什么规则? 麦可可不可以参加?
PAUL: Michael Crawford?
麦可·郭佛?
JOANA: Sure.
是啊,
JOANA: He paints better than anyone I know.
他的画比我所认识的人画得都要好.
JOANA: When does the competition start?
比赛什么时候开始?
PAUL: We won't announce the contest until Mr. Crawford finishes the brochure.
我们等郭佛先生完成册子, 再公布比赛.
JOANA: Oh, is he doing the brochure for you?
哦, 他帮你编小册子吗?
PAUL: Yes.
是的.
JOANA: What does his office look like?
他的办公室是什么样子?
PAUL: It's large enough, and modern and businesslike. And very formal--too formal, perhaps. Why do you ask?
地方很大, 很摩登很有条理, 而且十分正式--太正式了. 也许 你问这些干什么?
JOANA: Just curious. I'm trying to imagine Michael in that office.
只是好奇而已, 我试着想像, 麦可坐在那个办公室里.
PAUL: What do you mean?
我不懂.
JOANA: Michael gave himself a deadline. Either he does well this year, or he gives up art and goes into business with his father.
麦可为自己定下了一个期限. 他今年要是不成功的话, 就放弃艺术, 和他爸爸从事经商.
PAUL: How well is "well"?
要怎么样才算 "成功" 了呢?
PAUL: How is he going to measure success?
他如何去衡量成败?
PAUL: Does he have to paint as well as the masters?
他是必需要画得和名画家一样好吗?
JOANA: I don't really know. But he has to prove something to himself.
我并不清楚, 反正, 他要向自己证明一件事.
PAUL: Then this competition could be his big chance.
那么这个比赛可能是他的一个大好机会.
JOANA: Yes, it could.
是的, 将会是个大好机会.


阅读推荐:catti培训 catti培训班 新东方口译 环球网校翻译资格

×