新英语900句视频版 第36课:比赛 文本如下:
LESSON 1
第1课
Joana and Mrs. Farias are in the kitchen talking.
(乔安娜和菲里亚斯夫人在厨房谈话)
MRS. FARIAS: When is Michael coming to pick up?
米其尔什么时候来接你?
JOANA: He said seven. [The door bell ring.] Would you get the door please, Mama? [Mrs. Fanas goes to the door and opens it.]
他说七点钟。[门铃响了]妈妈,您帮我开一下门好吗?[菲里亚斯夫人走去把门打开]
MRS.FARIAS: Hello, Micheal. How are you?
噢,米其尔,你好?
MICHAEL: Fine, thank you, Mrs. Farias. And you?
好,谢谢您,菲里亚斯太太。您好吗?
MRS.FARIAS: Well, as a matter of fact, I'm not feeling very well today.
好!不过说实在的,今天我有些不舒服。
MICHAEL: What's the matter?
怎么了?
MRS. FARIAS: Oh, I'm sure that it's nothing serious. Joana, Michael's here! [Joana enters]
噢,没什么大不了的。乔安娜,米其尔来了![乔安娜进屋来]
JOANA: Hi, Michael.
你好,米其尔!
MICHAEL: Hi, you look great!
你好!看起来你挺高兴。
JOANA: Thank you.
谢谢!
MRS. FARIAS: Will you two please excuse me? I have some things to do in the kitchen.
你们俩聊吧,我要到厨房去干点活。
MICHAEL: Certainly. [to Joana ] What's up?
您请便![对乔安娜]什么事那么高兴。
JOANA: I have some exciting news.
我有些激动人心的消息。
MICHAEL: What is it? I hope you aren't going back home.
什么消息?我可不希望是你准备回老家的消息。
JOANA: No.Right now I can't think of any place I'd rather be than here. But ...
不是。我不能马上想出什么地方比这里更好。不过……
MICHAEL: What is it, then?不过什么?
说下去。
JOANA: How would you like to go to Brazil for two years?
第2课
MICHAEL: What? How? With whom?什么?
怎么去?和谁一起去?
JOANA: The Brazilian Pavilion is holding an art competition. The person who wins gets a grant to study and paint anywhere in Brazil.
世界博览会的巴西馆正在举办美术大赛,获胜者将得到奖学金,到巴西的任何地方学习和绘画。
MICHAEL: Really? How do you apply?
真的?那怎么办呢?
JOANA: All you have to do is submit a painting to the Brazilian Pavilion by December 1. You'll love Brazil. I'll show you all the sights. We'll have a wonderful time.
你所要干的就是在12月1日以前必须交巴西馆一幅画。你会爱上巴西的。我可以领你看巴西所有的风景名胜。我们将有一段美好的时光。
MICHAEL: Hold on. I can enter. That doesn't mean I'll win.
说干就干,我可以参加。但这并不等于我能取胜。
JOANA: Michael, no one else has a chance!
米其尔,没人能有这个机会!
MICHAEL: Oh, come on.
噢,得啦。
JOANA: No, really. Name one modern artist whose pain tings are better than yours? Name one artist whose paintings the judges could possibly like more than yours.
不,真的,尽管现代画家的作品比你的要好。但裁判们也许更喜欢你的画。
MICHAEL: It's nice to have someone who believes in you. Too bad you're not one of the judges.
有人信任你这的确很好。糟糕的是你并不是这次比赛的裁判。
JOANA: Which picture are you going to send in?
你打算画哪张画?
MICHAEL: I don't know. I'll have to do something new-something totally new--something spectacular.
我不知道。我得画几张新的——全新的——能够吸引人的作品。