发布时间: 2016年04月12日
初级口语教程(MP3附字幕) Part12:Boredom厌烦
12 Boredom
厌烦
...really browns me off.
真让我讨厌。(较随便)
A:All the routine work really browns me off.
每天千篇一律的工作真让我讨厌。
B:Oh,come on.You've just started.
得了吧,你只不过刚刚开始
A:I wish I hadn't chosen this job.
我希望我没选过这项工作。
Bother...
.....真讨厌!(较随便)
A:Bother the flies! B:Where do they come from?
苍蝇真讨厌!从哪来的?
A:I don't know .Something rotten here? B:I can't see it.
不知道,这有什么坏了的东西吗?没发现。
I'm fed up with..
我厌烦......(较随便)
A:Do you like our new history teacher?
你喜欢新来的历史老师吗?
B:I'm fed up with his endless talking.
他没完没了地讲啊讲,我都听烦了。
A:You can't say that !He's a very knowledgeable person.
你怎么那么说呢?他很有学识。
B:I can't see it.
我倒没看出来。
I'm not at all keen on ...
我一点也不喜欢......。(较随便)
A:What do you think of being a secretary?
当秘书怎么样?
B:I'm not at all keen on that sort of job.It makes me crazy.
我根本不喜欢那种工作,它简直使我发疯。
A:How come? B: You have to type all day.
怎么会呢?整天打字,没完没了。
...is a thorough drag!
......真讨厌!(较随便)
A:That woman is a thorough drag! B:What is it?
那个女的真讨厌。怎么了?
A:She keeps spitting on the ground.
她总是向地上吐痰。
B:Maybe there's something wrong with her.
也许是舒服吧。
...really turns me off!
......真叫我讨厌!(较随便)
A:That guy's manner really turns me off.
那家伙的举止真讨厌。
B:Yeah.He never stops asking questions.
谁说不是。他的问题没完没了。
A:Maybe he's abnormal.
可能他不大正常吧。
...leaves me cold.
......我一点也不感兴趣。(较随便)
A:Rock music really leaves me cold. What about you?
摇滚乐我一点也不感兴趣。你呢?
B:I'm crazy about it.It makes me very excited.
我喜欢得着迷,它使我兴奋。
A:Then tell me what's good about it.
那么告诉我怎么个好法?
B:It can't be expressed by words.
是语言难以表达的。
...can be a bit of a bind,
......有点讨厌。(较随便)
A:Driving during the rush hours can be a bit of a bind.
高峰期开车真叫人头疼。
B:Yeah.I think so.You have to be patient and careful.
是啊,你得耐心、小心。
A:So I'd rather walk or run to work. B:You must be joking!
所以我宁可步行或跑步上班。你一定在开玩笑。
What's all this noise about?
都吵闹些什么呀?
A:What's all this noise about?
都吵闹些什么呀?
B:They're discussing whether they should replace Miss Smith,the Music teacher.
他们在讨论是否换掉音乐老师史密斯小姐。
A:Why? A:Because she's not responsible enough.
为什么呢?因为她责任心不太强。
...bores me to death.
烦死我了。(较随便)
A:Reciting texts really bores me to death.
背诵课文烦死人了。
B:Do you have to remember every text ?
每篇课文都要记吗?
A:Yes,the teacher says recitation is real good.
是的,老师说背诵课文真的有好处。
I don't find...
我觉得......没/不......。(通用)
A:Do you lie playing tennis? B:I don't find it very exciting.
你喜欢打网球吗?我觉得没什么意思。
A:Maybe you haven't found the magic.B:I can't wait!
你可能还没发现打网球的妙处。我简直等不及了。
I'm really sick of...
我对......真是太讨厌了。(通用)
A:I'm really sick of waiting for a bus.
等公共汽车真是太讨厌了。
B:Yeah.Especially when you have something urgent to do.
是啊,尤其是你有急时候。
A:But a taxi costs too much. B:That's true.
可乘出租车又太贵了。
I find(that)...
我觉得......。(通用)
A:I find Beijing Opera is quite a bore.
我觉得听京剧很臭烟味。
B:Young people enjoy pop songs more.
年轻人更喜欢流行歌曲。
A:It's just like listening to a language which you know nothing at all.
听京剧就像听一门你不懂的外文一样。
B:But you don't have such a problem as to pop songs.
但听流行歌曲就不存在这样的问题。
I'm tired of ...
我对......非常厌烦。(通用)
A:I'm tired of dancing.
我讨厌跳舞。
B:But to me it's really enjoyable.
但对我来说跳舞是一种享受。
A:Maybe it's because you always have pretty girls as your partners.B:Maybe so.
或许是因为你常和漂亮女孩一起跳吧。也许是吧。
What a boring...
......真没有意思!(通用)
A:What a boring film!
这个电影真没意思。
B:The acting of the heroine is too artificial.
女主角的演技太做作了。
A:And the plot is so simple.
而且情节也太简单。
What a bother...!
......真讨厌!(通用)
A:What a bother having to climb storeys home every day.
每天都得爬好几层楼才能到家,真讨厌!
B:But it's also a sort of exercise and it's good to your health.
但这也是一种锻炼,对身体有好处。
A:I don't care! B:You're complaining again.
我才不在乎呢。你又抱怨了不是!
I must admit I'm not at all interested in ...
我承认我对......一点儿也感兴趣。(较正式)
A:I must admit I'm not at all interested in math.
我必须承认我对数学一点也不感兴趣。
B:I'm sure you'll soon begin to like it.It's such an interesting subject.
我肯定你很快会喜欢它的,它是一门非常有趣的学科。
A:But I don't think I'll ever show my liking to math.
但我觉得我永远也不会喜欢数学的。