当前位置: 网校排名> 环球网校> Part13:Comparison比较_初级英语口语
环球网校 翻译资格培训

翻译干货

新学员大礼包
考试百科
口译技巧
词汇整理

翻译资格

发布时间: 2016年04月11日

Part13:Comparison比较_初级英语口语



13 Comparison
比较
A:Both Bob and carl will become somebody in the future.Don't you think so?
鲍伯和卡尔将来都了不得,你看呢?
B:Yeah.But Bob's talent can't to be named on the same day with Carl's.
不错,但是鲍伯的才智可无法与卡尔同日而语
A:But Bob is more generous and ready to help.
但是鲍伯更慷慨、更乐于助人。
B:We cannot judge a man totally by that.
我们可不能以此判断一个人。
A:Julia and Anne have both taken dance lessons.
朱莉娅和安妮都选了舞蹈课。
They want to be famous dancer,I think.
我想她们都想当有名的舞蹈家。
Yet Julia is not a patch on Anne because she's not as diligent and clever as Anne.
朱莉娅根本比不上安妮,因为她的刻苦和悟性都不如安妮
A:I don't see much difference,anyway.
但是我却没看出有什么差别。
A:Who's better at chess,Bill or Fred?
谁的棋玩得更好一些,比尔还是弗雷德?
B:Botd are superb in their skills.
两个人的棋艺都不错。
Anyhow,Fred is one up on Bill from my point of view.
但是我认为弗雷德要略胜一筹。
A:You said it.
你说对了。
A:Mary sings much better than Susan,doesn't she?
玛丽比苏珊唱要好,对不对?
B:Yes.But Mary is no match for Susan in painting.
是的.但是在绘画方面玛丽不是苏珊的对手.
A:Maybe it's because Susan's parents are both painters.
也许是因为苏珊的父母都是画家的缘故吧。
A:Plastic bags are widely used nowadays.
现在人们大量使用塑料袋。
B:But they're hard to be disposed of.
但是塑料很难处理掉。
A:In this aspect,I think,pater bags have the edge on plastic bags.
我认为在这方面纸袋要比塑料袋强一点儿.
A:George speaks Japannese better than Frank.
乔治的日语比弗兰克说得好。
B:Yet in writing,George has nothing on Frank.
但是写得不如弗兰克。
A:Therefore,I hope they could help each other and learn from each other.
所以我希望他俩能命相帮助,取长补短。
A:You're going go Dresden for sightseeing?B:Yeah.And I'm going by bus.
你要去德莱斯观光吗?不错.我要坐公共汽车去.
A:I think a train journey is as fast as a bus journey.
我认为坐火车与坐汽车一样快。
B:But both my wife and I prefer taking a bus.
可是我和我妻子都喜欢坐公共汽车。
A:Bob returned from Japan last week. You know that?
鲍伯上周从日本回来了。知道吗?
B:Yeah.I met him yesterday.
知道,我昨天遇到了他。
He's no longer the same young man as he was eight years ago.
他可不是八年前的那个年轻人了。
A:I think so,too.
我也这样认为。
A:Maria sings like a lark,doesn't she?
玛丽娅的歌儿美极了。
B:Yes,she's almost equal to Celine Dion when she sings.
是啊,差不多都比得上席琳.迪翁。
A:Maybe she'll make a famous singer in the future.
也许将来会成为一名著名的歌唱家。
B:You can bet on that.
我敢打赌她会的。
A:Yesterday I read "hamlet".Such a fantastic book!
昨天我读了《王子复仇记》.真是本好书.
B:You said it.No one can match Shakespeare in artistic talent.
你说对了,就艺术才能而言没人能与莎士比亚相比.
A:I do agree with you.
我很赞成你的观点。
A:Do you like travelling?B:Yes,I do.
你喜欢旅游吗?是的。
A:Do you usually travel by bus?
你总是坐汽车旅行吗?
B:No,by train.I think it's much safer than bus.
不,坐火车。我想火车要更安全些。
A:Mike,you're seventeen years old,right? B:Yeah,Why?
迈克,你已经17岁了吧?是的,怎么啦?
A:You look quite mature beside your cousin who is eighteen.
和你18岁的表兄比,你显得很成熟。
B:You can bet on that.
你说对了。
A:I think my car can run much faster than yours.
我认为我的车比你的跑得快。
B:But mine equals yours in economy. B:That's true.
但是我的和你的一样实惠。
A:I hear Fred is a very good student in your class.
听说弗雷德是你们班上非常优秀的学生。
B:Though he's not the one who can get the highest score,
尽管他不是得最高成绩的人,
yet,on the whole,he is comparable to the best.
但是总体来看他却可以和班上最好的媲美。
A:What do you mean by "on the whole"?
你说的“总体”是什么意思?
B:I mean he's a stuent developing all round.
我是说他是个全面发展的学生。
A:Can you tell me some of the places you've traveled to ?
讲一讲你旅游过的地方好吗?
B:I've been to Paris,.Berlin,Alaska...
我去过巴黎、柏林、阿拉斯加......
B:But you just can't compare the former two with Alaska.
前两者可没法儿和阿拉斯加相比。
A:Who do you think is the gratest novelist in the history of English literature?
你认为英国文学史上谁是最伟大的小说家?
B:Charles Dickens.Actually no one can parallel him in writing.
狄更斯。事实上没人能在写作上和他相提并论。
A:I'm afraid I can't agree with you on that.
恐怕我不敢苟同。
I like D.H.Laurence's novels better.
我更喜欢D.H.劳伦斯的小说。
A:What kind of life do you perfer,city life or country life?
你是喜欢农村生活还是城市生活?
B:In comparison to city life,the country life is quiet and peaceful.
与城市生活相比,乡下较为宁静。
A:But it doesn't have all the modern convenience offered by the city.
但是乡下没有城市提供的现代设施。
B:Yeah,I agree.Every wall has two sides.
我同意这一点。凡事都是有利有弊。
A:What do you think of the acting of the two main actors in the film?
你觉得电影里两个主人公的扮演者的演技怎么样?
B:I consider the hero's acting is inferior to that of the heroine's.don't you agree?
我觉得男主人不如女主人公演得好.你不这样认为吗?
A:Well,I'm afraid not.I think the hero has much more to be believed in.
不。我认为男的演得相当真实。
A:If one is rich,is the happy?
一个人有钱就幸福吗?
B:I don't think so.It's impossible to equate wealth and happiness.
我不这样认为.不可能把财富和幸福划等号。
A:Could I understand what you said as:the poorest is the happiest?
我能不能理解为穷人才是最幸福的?
B:Of course not.Sometimes a poor man can be extremely miserable.
当然不能。有时穷人相当悲惨。
A:Have you any idea of the prices of ruby and diamond?
你知道红宝石和金刚石的价格吗?
B:I'm not very sure.but I know ruby is less valuable than diamond.
不太了解.但是我认为金刚石要比红宝石贵重.
A:How do you know that? B: I got is from an encyclopedia.
你怎么知道呢?从百乎全书上看来的。


阅读推荐:catti培训 catti培训班 新东方口译 环球网校翻译资格

×